Looking to stock some beautiful trees for your Alabama nursery or landscape company? Then consider these 3 colorful Alabama fall trees:
- Gingkos – The gorgeous gingko tree originates from China and sports unique fan-shaped leaves. These ancient trees are the sole survivors of tree varieties that grew over 200 million years ago! Their one-of-a-kind leaves turn a beautiful yellow during the fall.
- Yellow Poplar – These are among the first trees to turn colors in the autumn, so they’re great to add a little color early in the season. As the name implies, their leaves turn a beautiful yellow color.
- Maples – Truth be told, we could have filled this entire list with maples. Red Maples are the most popular choice in Alabama and also make wonderful shade trees. Japanese Maples are a smaller variety and produce red, purple, and bronze leaves in the fall and green and red leaves in the summer. When properly cared for, Sugar Maple leaves turn a stunning yellow or orange in the Fall. Silver Maples are another excellent choice for yellow fall leaves. Finally, consider Paperbark Maples to add bright red to an autumn yard.
- Dogwoods – Another wonderful option is the Dogwood. Dogwoods are known for their amazing spring flowers, but this tree is equally beautiful during fall months when it sports a deep, rich red foliage.
- Hickory – This long-lived deciduous tree is an excellent choice for open areas or very large landscapes. Tall and handsome, Hickories turn an outstanding deep yellow in the fall.
Looking for more information on ornamental Alabama trees? Then sign up to receive the free 3am Growers ornamental tree and shrub catalog today!