April isn’t just the first real month of spring, it’s also National Lawn Care Month. We don’t provide lawn care services at 3am Growers, but that doesn’t mean we don’t know the importance of a healthy lawn. Good landscaping is crucial to healthy trees and shrubs. Now is a great time to educate your customers about the benefits and importance of fertilizing to yield the best blooms in the springtime.
Fertilizer can be tricky to understand, especially for beginners, so helping your customers is important. Your staff should fully understand and be able to thoroughly several important factors, such as:
- How to read the guaranteed analysis and apply it to their soil after appropriate testing.
- What the list of ingredients means, and which sources of nitrogen are best for their soil, climate, and plants.
- What to fertilize, how much to fertilize, and where and when to apply fertilizer.
- What varieties of fertilizer are only available to professionals, and how those can benefit them.
- Applicable state, national, and local laws and ordinances regarding the safe use of fertilizer. This includes any HOA ordinances or guidelines. These can change often, so make sure you are completely up-to-date before you pass on any information!
Even if you do all the landscaping services for your customer base, a little extra education never hurt anyone. In fact, it’s often beneficial. If your customers trust that your staff are knowledgeable, friendly, and open to sharing, they’ll feel secure in their decision to entrust their home and business landscaping to your care.